Many of us face battery problems like laptop not booting with new battery or new battery is not charging. This is a common problem with every one. In this article we will show you how to fix these kinds of battery problems.
After attaching the new battery into your laptop if you are unable to get the laptop power on then first thing you should do is to power on your laptop without battery. If it’s getting power on then the problem is with the battery and not with your laptop.
To fix this problem we will first tell you a simple and easy solution. If it’s not working then you can try the second option by updating the driver.
To try the first easy method pleas follow our steps below;
- Shut down your laptop
- Remove your new battery and disconnect the AC power from your laptop.
- Now hold on the power button for 30 to 45 seconds
- Connect the AC power and restart your laptop.
- While booting, insert your new battery in the laptop’s battery slot.
- Allow your new battery to charge completely. You can check this information by selecting Control Panel and from their by selecting power meter tab. You can also check it from your system try by selecting the battery icon.
If you find your power button showing you getting the battery charged then problem solved. In some cases we find that the battery will not get recharged after you shutting down your laptop again. To get it charged again you are required to re do the above steps that we have said above.
If you are facing this kind of problems then we request you to update your driver as we have listed the steps below.
How to update driver when your battery not charging
To update your driver we request you to follow the following steps;
- Go to Select and then my computer
- Right click on my computer and select properties
- You will have number of tabs to select. We want to select “hardware” and then from their select “device manager”
- You will be popped up with a screen having an option for batteries.
- Select batteries from the list and then from the drop down select “Microsoft ACPI-compliant control method battery”. Right click on it and select uninstall.
- Now to update the driver you are required to reinstall the driver.
- To reinstall, from the same screen select Action and then “scan for hardware changes”. Now you will find the driver back.
Now you can check your battery. If still problem persists then its time to change your battery.