Twitter, Inc announced financial results for the quarter ended June 30, 2015. As per report, twitter’s second quarter revenue is at US$ 502 million, up 61% year-over-year, and above the previously forecast range of $470 million to $485 million. Last year for the second quarter revenue was at US$ 312 million.
Advertising revenue totaled US$452 million, an increase of 63% year-over-year.
Second Quarter GAAP net loss is at US$ 137 million as compared to last year US$ 145 million for the same quarter. However, non GAAP net income is at USD 49 million for the second quarter FY 2015.
Basic and diluted GAAP EPS was (US$0.21) for the second quarter of 2015 compared to (US$0.24) in the same period in 2014.
Average Monthly Active Users (MAUs) were 316 million for the second quarter, up 15% year-over-year,and compared to 308 million in the previous quarter.
Twitter announced a partnership with Google’s DoubleClick platform to improve advertising performance measurement and attribution for Twitter direct response marketers. As part of the partnership, Twitter will also make its inventory available through the DoubleClick Bid Manager platform. Twitter also launched its Official Partner Program, a new initiative combining industry-leading product and service partners that help businesses achieve better results on Twitter and beyond.
“Our Q2 results show good progress in monetization, but we are not satisfied with our growth in audience,” said Jack Dorsey, interim CEO of Twitter. “In order to realize Twitter’s full potential, we must improve in three key areas: ensure more disciplined execution, simplify our service to deliver Twitter’s value faster,and better communicate that value.”
Twitter’s outlook for the third quarter 2015 is as follows;
- Revenue is projected to be in the range of $545 million to $560 million.
- Adjusted EBITDA is projected to be in the range of $110 million to $115 million.
- Stock-based compensation expense is projected to be in the range of $190 million to $200 million, excluding the impact of equity awards that may be granted in connection with potential future acquisitions.
Twitter’s outlook for the full year of 2015 is as follows
- Revenue is projected to be in the range of $2.20 billion to $2.27 billion.
- Adjusted EBITDA is projected to be in the range of $520 million to $540 million.
- Capital expenditures are projected to be in the range of $450 million to $550 million.
- Stock-based compensation expense is projected to be in the range of $750 million to $790 million, excluding the impact of equity awards that may be granted in connection with potential future acquisitions.
Twitter acquired Whetlab during June 2015 and in January this year it acquired Bangalore based ZipDial.