Chinese Smartphone manufacturer Xiaomi has officially launched MIUI 7 Global Version in New Delhi at The Lalit hotel.
As per the company, during the past 5 years, MIUI has updated 250 times with its weekly updates and has grown to over 150 million users in over 156 countries and regions.
MIUI 7 has 4 different system designs for you to find your favourite style. MIUI 7 is based on Android 5.1 Lollipop operating system and Gallery now supports face recognition.
Hugo Barra, Xiaomi’s VP for international with Xiaomi staff at back stage.
Here are some of the features of MIUI 7;
- MUSE Theme creation tool – it allows designers to create themes without any programming.
- 4 new sets of system UI – MIUI Goddess Edition, female version, boys Edition and light luxury edition.
- Large font – Xiaomi has optimized large fonts, words number provided: Standard, medium, large, extra large, each font has been carefully tuned. MIUI large font 7 do a lot of detail changes, such as: dialog layout, text wrap processing, text spacing and line spacing, enter the frame height, conveys the status information, the title bar is a large font size
- Baby photo album – It automatically recognizes the face, such as the baby’s face. Baby Photo Album groups precious baby photos in your camera roll conveniently in once place, so you can browse and share pictures easily with friends and family. Baby album can be set to lock screen wallpaper.
- Child Mode – user can restrict or limits access to personal information like emails and messages.
- Battery Optimization – it extends battery life than the previous generation MIUI by 25%, giving you 3 hours extended use each day.
- APP start-up process has been optimized to shorten the response
- Users can set their own avatar in the contact “My business card”, in which it will automatically sync to the phone contacts with friends, it will displayed automatically during incoming calls.
- DND – MIUI switches your phone to Do Not Disturb (DND) mode when it detects that you’re asleep
Xiaomi also announced that it will launch the coloured versions of Mi 4i in India as a limited edition. Mi 4i will be available on 25 August 2015 at 2pm exclusively on mi.com/in for RS.12, 999.
MIUI 7 Global developer version will start rolling out on August 24. Currently it supports Redmi 2, Redmi 1S, Mi 4i, Mi 4, Mi 3, Redmi Note 3G and Redmi Note 4G.
MIUI 7 partners with Opera Max to provide Data Saver. As per Xiaomi, it will compresses browser and in-app media, letting you save up to 50% of data usage. The company is planning to launch it in September 2015 in China, India, Brasil, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia and Philippines.